This course is designed for students who are looking for the extended reciprocity the Florida non-resident CCW permit will allow. Typically, this adds extra reciprocity states for students who reside in Ohio or Indiana who already have their CCW permit. The student will receive a training certificate covering the requirements for the Florida non-resident CCW permit applications.
This course contains the content required by the State of Florida, described in Chapter 790 of the Florida Statutes, a student needs in order to apply for the Florida non-resident CCW Permit. This also includes a written examination and practical live fire exercise.
Please note: This course for current Ohio Permit Holders and Indiana Permit Holders. Kentucky residents need not apply for this course as it adds no extra reciprocity states for Kentucky Permit Holders. This is especially useful for Indiana residents who wish to have the right to carry when traveling through Ohio.
The cost for this Course is $65.00
Students Will Need to Bring to the Course:
- 50 rounds of Factory Ammunition (no reloads – sorry, this is a course requirement)
- Eye and ear protection for the range.
- Lunch, snacks, beverages… this is 6 hours of class time, you will get hungry.
- Writing Implements and a notepad… note taking is highly encouraged.
Florida Issuing Authority (Department of Agriculture) (link)
Classroom time is approximately 6 hours (as required by Ohio Revised Code) including the applicant written test. Live fire exercises will be held offsite at a local shooting range.
Required Course Content will Include:
- Ohio Laws and Statutes
- Florida Laws and Statutes
- Use of Deadly Force
- Firearm Safety
- Principles of Marksmanship
- Ammunition Function and Proper Selection of Defensive Ammunition
- Handgun Nomenclature and Function
- Cleaning your firearm
- Methods of Carry
- Written Applicant Test
- Live Fire Exercises
- Basic Overview of Where You Can and Cannot Carry
- What to do When Dealing With Law Enforcement (Daily Interaction and After a Critical Incident)
- Situational Awareness and the Defensive Mindset
- Emergency and Tactical Reloading
- Malfunction Clearing