This course contains the required content from the Commonwealth of Kentucky, in compliance with KRS 237.110, a Kentucky Resident needs to apply for their Concealed Carry of Deadly Weapons (CCDW) permit.
Please note: This course is open to Kentucky Residents Only.
The cost for this Course is $65.00
Students Will Need to Bring to the Course:
- 50 rounds of Factory Ammunition (no reloads – sorry, this is a KY State requirement)
- Eye and ear protection for the range.
- Lunch, snacks, beverages… this is 6 hours of class time, you will get hungry.
- Writing Implements and a notepad… note taking is highly encouraged.
Classroom time is approximately 6+ hours including the applicant written test. Live fire exercises will be held offsite at a local shooting range.
Required Course Content will Include:
- Kentucky Laws and Statutes
- Use of Deadly Force
- Firearm Safety
- Principles of Marksmanship
- Ammunition Function and Proper Selection of Defensive Ammunition
- Handgun Nomenclature and Function
- Cleaning your firearm
- Methods of Carry
- Written Applicant Test
- Live Fire Exercises
Extra Course Content will include (time permitting)
- Basic Overview of Where You Can and Cannot Carry
- What to do When Dealing With Law Enforcement (Daily Interaction and After a Critical Incident)
- Situational Awareness and the Defensive Mindset
- Emergency and Tactical Reloading
- Malfunction Clearing