Practical Defensive Training, LLC is excited to announce the date of our flagship Handgun Class:
Handgun Skill Building – Level 1
This is a full day on a PRIVATE OUTDOOR range, working on handgun skills beyond what was taught in your basic
Class will take place on August 15th 2020 from 8:30 am to 5:30pm
THIS CLASS WILL HAPPEN, RAIN OR SHINE – WE FALL WELL WITHIN THE GUIDELINES SET FORTH BY THE CDC AND THE STATE OF KENTUCKY FOR REOPENING BUSINESSES AS WE DEAL WITH THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC. WE ARE OPERATING IN A LARGE OPEN AREA ENVIRONMENT WHERE SOCIAL DISTANCING CAN BE MAINTAINED DURING THIS CLASS.
This class will cover the foundational skills needed to be a competent handgun shooter; and prepare students to seek further training as well as enhance each person’s ability to defend themselves with their handgun, should the need occur. We begin with the basics of marksmanship and start to incorporate accuracy and speed. You will also learn and practice skills most indoor ranges will not allow, like drawing from the holster and shooting while moving.
At the conclusion of this course, each student should understand the essential skills covered in this course (listed below), be able to articulate why each of these skills are important and be able to enact a purposeful practice plan to continually improve after they leave this course.
Even if you have trained with these skills before, this class is fantastic for those who also want a structured training session a private outdoor facility for little more than the cost of range time at a local range.
Class cost is $175 per student, and covers tuition, all range fees and targets.
If you are a previous alumni of our Handgun Skill Building Class and want to attend again… contact us for a coupon code for a significantly discounted price!
The instructors we are top notch! Each and every one is a professional, certified instructor from the NRA, USCCA, FLETC or another professional organization. All of us are dedicated to teaching a SAFE and fun class with plenty of individual attention.
- Eye and Ear Protection
- 500 rounds of ammunition
- Minimum 3 Magazines, if capacity is less than 10 rounds, it is recommended to bring 5-6 magazines
- Holster made for the handgun student is to use – We will not allow SERPA type holsters or collapsible holsters (Nylon, suede, sticky) in class
- Magazine Carrier is highly recommended (though students can work from pockets if necessary)
- A sturdy belt which anchors the gun/holster/mag carriers in place
- Close toed shoes
- Brimmed hats are recommended
- Pen/Pencil and Notebook to take notes
- Foldable Camp Chairs (We will have a shade tent, but you will want something to sit on)
- Sunblock is highly recommended
- Pack drinks, snacks and lunch – we will be taking a short break for lunch, but not enough time for you to leave the range facility
- Baseline Assessment
- Fundamentals (Grip, Stance, Sights, Trigger Manipulation)
- Slow fire – Precision Practice, Multiple Distances
- Drawing the handgun from the holster (Clean, Concealed)
- Balance of Speed and Accuracy
- Malfunctions (misfire, stovepipe, double-feed)
- Reloads – Emergency and Proactive
- Transitioning between multiple targets
- The difference between cover and concealment
- Shooting around barriers (pie-ing corners)
- Basics of shooting on the move (transitioning into static positions, during movement)